Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Guess where I'm headed this weekend?

But even if you guess correctly, I couldn't tell you that you were correct.

Laura and Jen (and presumably others) are planning a surprise for me this weekend. All I know is that I have a 4:30 flight to... well... somewhere on Friday.

I'm really hard to surprise, so this is kind of a huge deal. I'm so excited just to see the girls. They could be flying me to Battle Mountain, Nevada (armpit of Nevada, which is in my opinion the armpit of the US) and I'd be happy just to be with them.



Laura was cracking me up. I kept asking her, "What should I bring?" She was totally oblique about it, but the more I pried, the more I realized that I really have no clue what to bring. The list included "going out clothes"-- which to me means a hoodie and jeans (she says this is ok) to "snowboarding gear" (but not my snowshoes, but yes on the transceiver), and "Oh, by the way... If you can fit your sleeping bag..." and "Oh, bring your passport."

Now I know very well that some of this is to throw me off the trail, but which parts? My bet is that I'll end up in California (but who knows?).

I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I bet the snow-gear and passport are the wild-gooses.
That sounds like Soo much fun though!! Wish my girls would do that, lol.
I hope you have a blast!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Ohh Sounds fun AND exciting. Can't wait to hear all about it!
RelentlessBride

Anonymous said...

You can always pretend that with your snowboard and passport, you're going to Canada. But the passport could be a red herring.

Have TONS of fun! I look forward to hearing about what happened when you get back!

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it and where you end up!