Friday, February 13, 2009

Surprise shower: or how I spent last weekend.



(Sorry Bean, didn't mean to leave you hanging, but I knew this was going to be a long post)

It was so amazing!!! These girls went so far over the top for me, that it humbles me.

Friday night I flew first class to San Francisco on Virgin Atlantic (how appropriate!). One of the girls had been tricking me for weeks about what was going to happen, so I thought I'd get her back by telling her I missed my flight. I felt a little bad, because she seriously got scared. I told her right away that I was just kidding... I had a few drinks on the plane, then was picked up by another friend at the airport.

She took me to the Park 55 Hotel in San Francisco, where we met a bunch of my friends... 29th floor suite. It was amazing. They had me change my clothes, and then we went to my coolest friend ever's cousin's restaurant. It was the most amazing Vietnamese fusion cuisine that I've ever had! At dinner, two other friends walked in and surprised me. They were girls that I wouldn't expect to have made it based on their schedules. One flew in from LA (taking time off during the Grammys, when she was supposed to be working), and another who I haven't seen in a long time. The champagne, wine and food were all flowing, and we stayed at the restaurant pretty late.

Then we walked down through the Castro and went to the Orbit Room (art deco decor fitting with the wedding vintage theme). There we had somedrinks, and we all recounted the stories of the various events that led up to Chris and I meeting and dating. They had to kick us out of the bar at closing because we were having so much fun!

The next morning, the plan was for us to have a bridal brunch with my family. We were running a little late, and so my mom, and sisters decided that they didn't want to come :( We opted to cancel that event, since all the girls were going to drive up with me to Tahoe to go snowboarding, anyway.

Once in Tahoe, we had dinner and made bingo cards to play Bar Bingo. We went out that night for our Bar Bingo game (so fun), and went home early to get some much needed sleep. I'll post more about Bar Bingo in a separate thread, because it was so fun that we are thinking of doing it every time we go out!

The next morning we had breakfast and went snowboarding. It was such a great day. There was really great snow in the trees, and it is always great to ride with the girls.

I surprised all the girls with a sushi dinner that night. (It was hard to trick them, but I gave the restaurant my credit card before everyone got there). During dinner, we all decided that this is so much fun that we're not waiting for bachelorette parties to hang out like this again.

We made a plan to reconvene at a concert (Bloc Party) in Seattle in April! I don't think I've ever had so much fun for a continuous 48 hours in my life... Seriously!

It's so great to have a group of friends where we have bonds that are as strong as a family! Huge shout-out to all the girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a really fun weekend! I'm glad that you had a chance to hang out with all of your friends!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much! I've never been to Tahoe but always wanted to go. You have a great group of friend. Isn't it nice to just have quality time with your girls?