Monday, June 15, 2009

Flag it!


I just wanted to share my latest DIY. Total cost: less than $4 (cost of glitter and tempra paint). Everything else was free! Please excuse the messy front porch. The picture wasn't going to get taken if I didn't do it right then!

You can find instructions for this project here. It was actually incredibly easy. All you need is a ruler, newspaper (we just saved all the spam we get in our mailbox), some water soluble paint, glue and some glitter or letter stencils.

One little tip, don't plan to go around an MRI machine the day after working with glitter! Whoops!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that glitter has metal in it. Better glitter around an MRI than a knee/arm pin!

zoliepup said...

Yeah, with the fancy glass cut silver glitter, there's metal. My hands were heating up and you could feel the shards moving. It was crazy (but it didn't hurt!)

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

wow! love it!