Friday, August 15, 2008

Photos of an unwell Zoliepup in some dresses

Now before I post these, let me preface this by saying I think I was really extra-puffy on the day we went dress shopping. It might have had something to do with having drinks(!) the night before, and I definitely wouldn't recommend a large alcohol infusion pre-dress shopping. So, I'm a little embarrassed about how I look in these, but I want to get opinions relative to which look better on me-- so I'm sucking it up in the interest of your thoughts! (Also because I mostly felt like retching that morning, I don't look very happy... but don't let that fool you. I was just under the weather and very self-conscious--these are the first dresses of any sort that I've put on in over a year!)

#1 Augusta Jones Tia (front and back) "I'm going to come attack you now... or throw up, not sure which!"


#2 Augusta Jones Betina (front and back-- unbustled and bustled)



Valentina(?)- only strapless I really liked. It is covered in vintage French lace and is totally gorgeous, but didn't feel very much like me. I'm posting it because it was very different than the other 2.

7 comments:

dadrown said...

Savannah likes the top one and the strapless the best. She loves the pictures and wanted me to let you know!

Sandie

zoliepup said...

Dare I say that Chris likes the first one best? I know, I know... superstition etc. I don't believe in that stuff!

I think I'm going to do another try-on of the same dresses in about a month and see where we're at.

dadrown said...

I would love to see you try on some other styles as well. I think you just might be selling yourself short on style. I do think you look great in number one, but it is not what you originally envisioned. You should look around Seattle and even just go to a place like David's Bridal that has many styles and pick a bunch and try them on. You need lots of opinions too!!! i think you will look great in anything you choose though so really, not to worry! Don't show Chris anymore!

zoliepup said...

I went to David's in Reno. Everything suck-a-rooni'd big time.

Wedding dresses, in general, do not look good on me...

Still have to try on the Eden, though...

Unknown said...

i thought you looked gorgeous in all these dresses, despite the nausea! it was such a pleasure to shop with you!

*Michelle said...

I love you in the first one! I think the second one is probably pretty great too, but its a little hard to tell from the photos.

Victoria Lynn said...

I love the Augusta Jones dress-that is so beautiful! :)