Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back in the land of the living!

I'm cradled in the arms of society again in a few different ways.

I finally finished attending on the wards. I love doing it, but it means 12 hr plus days of putting your heart and soul into some very sick kids and their families. It is so draining, but also hugely rewarding. For those 2 weeks, I did essentially nothing related to the wedding (minus the pear trial) and had no inkling of what was going on in the world. Its nice to be able to read the news, watch Keith Olbermann and have time to read my favorite blogs.

But the real way that I've come back to life is by getting a new cell phone. Not just any cell phone, but the i-phone 3G. You all remember that fateful day in March when my phone broke. (Well, I accidentally crushed it with my foot, but that's a whole other story). I've held out and dealt with a dysfunctional screen for months. For a while, I could at least see the phone number of who I was calling. That was great, because I started memorizing numbers... Good thing, too, because eventually the screen died altogether. If I didn't know your number by heart, I couldn't call you. In the past week, it no longer told me when I was getting calls or if I had messages. Old slider phone was giving up the ghost :(

I finally went to order my new toy. I was nervous, and my palms were sweaty. I had no doubt about what I wanted, only whether I would be responsible enough to care for her appropriately. She was on back-order, so I had time to think about my choice. Well, she came in yesterday and she's everything I could have hoped for. She's smart, sophisticated and funny... and I love her so. She's so sleek that I've already dropped her once. I'll try not to repeat that trick!

Now, I can finally get your calls and call you again! We can plot and scheme to our content. (Limited only by i-phone's battery life).

Here she is in all her glory!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

beauty!! :) welcome back!

Silvia said...

I am so jealous! I ONLY want an iPhone so I can acess my Reader anywhere!